PRESENTED BY AMAZON WEB SERVICES IN PARTNERSHIP WITH UQAM’S FACULTY OF SCIENCE
MONTREAL, Jan. 24, 2023 /CNW Telbec/ –
Summary | Program Overview
- Particular discuss by celebrity aerospace engineer Farah Alibay offered as soon as in English and as soon as in French.
- A Profession House the place over a dozen exhibitors —together with Amazon Internet Providers, Ubisoft, L’Oréal, and the Canadian House Company— will showcase their fields by main fascinating mini actions.
- Particular appearances by Spot the Robotic Canine, operated by Osedea, to show its spectacular abilities all through the day.
- A host of science workshops and demos offered by the occasion’s many companions, together with UQAM, Les Neurones atomiques, Robotique Zone01, and OIQ (Québec’s order of engineers).
- This all-day occasion takes place on Saturday, February 11. Tickets on sale at montrealsciencecentre.com.
A Energetic and Dynamic Program Stuffed with Interactive In-Individual Actions
The Montréal Science Centre proudly presents the sixth version of its Ladies and Ladies of Science occasion on Saturday, February 11, organized to mark the UN’s Worldwide Day of Ladies and Ladies in Science. The occasion is designed to stir the pursuits of younger ladies in pursuing careers in science and know-how.
For a complete day, the Science Centre will change into a veritable hub of interactive science and technology-inspired actions for younger ladies to discover. Exhibitors will invite younger guests (ladies and boys alike!) to find and find out about molecular gastronomy, coding, digital actuality, biology and extra via a sequence of unforgettable hands-on experiences. Whereas the occasion is targeted on selling science to younger ladies, it’s finally geared in the direction of inspiring the following technology of scientists regardless of who they’re!
To have fun the occasion’s sixth version, the Science Centre shall be treating guests to probably the most numerous and dynamic program but!
- A Profession House the place guests can meet companies, organizations and faculties and find out about their fields of experience by collaborating in interactive mini actions. A chance for younger ladies (and boys) to discover and picture themselves in several careers in science.
- A sequence of 45-minute hands-on workshops on all kinds of fascinating subjects like molecular gastronomy, zero waste, and robotics.
- Particular appearances by Boston Dynamics’ personal Spot the Robotic Canine, operated by Osedea, displaying off all its spectacular methods to amaze occasion attendees.
- Brief science and tech experiments and demos hosted by UQAM’s College of Science and OIQ (Québec order of engineers) shall be scattered throughout the Centre’s exhibition halls, all designed to dazzle and encourage younger guests.
- A particular discuss by aerospace engineer Farah Alibay who will share tales about how her profession path led her to pilot a robotic on Mars! This particular discuss shall be offered twice in the course of the occasion, as soon as in English and as soon as in French. Particular tickets are required to attend this occasion.
Companions with their Eye on the Future
UQAM’s College of Science will participate within the occasion as soon as once more this yr as collaborative companion alongside a brand new companion, Amazon Internet Providers (AWS), collaborating as title sponsor. This new partnership with AWS aligns completely with its AWS InCommunities initiative whose mission is to put money into modern and enduring packages that assist communities by which AWS is energetic.
All the time with a watch on accessibility, occasion companions and the Montréal Science Centre Basis shall be donating occasion tickets to neighborhood organizations working with younger ladies ages 8 to 17 from low-income backgrounds. All revenues generated by the occasion shall be largely donated to the Montréal Science Centre Basis.
Montréal is a significant hub for state-of-the-art know-how industries resembling aerospace, video video games, and AI. We consider girls ought to have an excellent larger presence in these industries and consider that girls significantly contribute to their achievements. Occasions resembling ours wish to change the long-standing underrepresentation of ladies in these fields and, with this sixth version of our Ladies and Ladies of Science occasion, we have set the bar larger than ever earlier than. I’m satisfied that this yr’s program will assist encourage our guests to dream about pursuing careers in science! — Cybèle Robichaud, Montréal Science Centre Director
“AWS is proud to assist the Ladies and Ladies of Science occasion via AWS InCommunities. This occasion is a chance to domesticate ladies’ curiosity in STEAM by connecting them to inspiring function fashions and permitting them to see how know-how might help resolve the world’s most urgent issues. At present, girls signify a couple of quarter of the tech workforce globally —that is not sufficient. We’re excited to assist ignite their ardour in STEAM at a younger age to encourage them to change into the following technology of change makers.” —Réjean Bourgault, Nation Supervisor for AWS Canada
“UQAM’s College of Science is proud to assist the Ladies and Ladies of Science occasion for a fourth yr. By means of this partnership, we want to contribute to the promotion of an equitable illustration of ladies in science and know-how. This can be a concrete dedication that provides to the assorted actions taken by our college to encourage girls’s entry to scientific careers, resembling our scholarships for women in science and our web site femmes.sciences.uqam.ca which presents numerous and galvanizing portraits of ladies in science.” — Isabelle Marcotte, Vice-Dean of Analysis, UQAM College of Science
In regards to the Montréal Science Centre
The Montréal Science Centre, a division of Canada Lands Firm, is a fancy devoted to science and know-how that welcomes greater than 700,000 guests yearly. It’s best recognized for its accessible, interactive strategy and for showcasing native innovation and know-how. Its main companions are Volvo, Énergir, The Beat 92.5, and La Presse.
Public Relations Supervisor
Previous Port of Montréal Company
Cell: 514 838-4593
Media Package: Obtain here
SOURCE Montreal Science Centre